Drives delivery vehicle and/or truck-trailer combination to transport material to customer sites. CDL driver operates vehicle weighing 26,000 lbs. or greater GVWR; vehicle 26,000 lbs. or greater towing a trailer that may exceed 10,000 lbs.
• Assists customers with unloading material safely and accurately, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
• Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
• Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
• Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age, a valid Class A CDL license. A minimum of one (1) year of driving experience. Two (2) years CDL driving experience preferred. Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification
• Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
• Excellent customer service skills • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out route assignment
• Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
• Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab or on top of truck and/or load, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Better Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
***Hourly pay to commensurate with experience.
Better Living’s Cabinetry Design Center is looking for a hardworking team-oriented partner to become part of our growing company’s family of employees. Under general supervision serves as the professional point of contact for specialty product customers by working with clients to coordinate and create design projects including Kitchen and Bath, etc., These projects include but are not limited to; new construction, renovations and remodels by evaluating scope of projects, integrating information into design layout and resolving issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Interior Designing experience preferred as it relates to kitchens and baths
• Outstanding communication skills, math skills, and problem solving skills
• Ability to comprehend technical subject matter associated with custom / semi-custom and modular cabinetry and counter tops.
• Office computer skills including word, excel, access
• Organization skills and multi-tasking abilities – working on multiple projects at a time
• Manage project from beginning to end from design stage to install and service
• Ability to run face to face appointments with potential clients
• Knowledge of general construction as it relates to Kitchen & Bath design
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), CAD software experience; or equivalent experience and education.
• Consults with customers to determine project requirements by preparing information regarding design, specifications, materials, and estimated costs.
• Designs plan layout as requested by customer, utilizing blueprints or sketches. May initiate and control specialty orders: purchases, coordinates freight, production, delivery and proper customer invoicing.
• Coordinates the purchase of needed materials and add-on sales.
• Makes sales calls in the field to measure, sell, follow-up, etc. as part of providing exceptional customer service.
• Works with purchasing department and/or appropriate buyers on special orders including creation of purchase orders.
• This position is a Monday-Friday position, but will require occasional Saturdays.
This position is a combination of sales, managing delivery and installation schedules, ordering parts and standard orders, tracking orders and parts, scheduling service and homeowner appointments, as well as designing Kitchens and Baths from blue prints and field measurements. This will be a critical position to our company. Success requires the ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and apply critical thinking in a changing environment. Field work may be required from time to time. Home owner and design center appointments with clients will be necessary as well.
Pay to commensurate with sales and profitability.
You can download an application below, and either submit via email, or in person at either our Charlottesville office, 3450 Berkmar Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22901 or our Troy Location, 136 Better Living Drive or 371 Better Living Drive, Troy, VA 22974.
• Health Insurance (A Large Percentage paid by the Employer)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (Fully Paid by the Employer)
• Long Term Disability Insurance (Fully Paid by the Employer)
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Profit Sharing
• Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Purchase Discounts
For more information, contact Better Living Human Resources:
Phone: (434) 974-8181
Fax: (434) 973-9384
Mail: PO Box 7627 | Charlottesville, VA 22906